Sunday 8 January 2012

January 5, 2012 - New Blog - Carmela, Cancer Babe (thanks to Carissa, my rockstar and fellow cancer babe)

I have decided to use a blog to communicate to everyone on as regular a basis as I can so that I do not invade your email inboxes as much.  I love getting your emails and your ongoinng support, but I appreciate everyone has a "day job" and does not need more emails.  I will send out email from time to time to everyone, and will definitely be on my email for anyone that wants to continue communicating with me using that method.

I have to thank Carissa for providing advice and guidance on getting a blog going and inviting me to her blog.  You see Carissa is about a year ahead of me in her Breast Cancer Journey and is a colleague of mine at TELUS.  Carissa is a beautiful, professional and courageous role model for me and many others.  I have to thank Shirley and Kathy for bring us together in this journey as I have already had the pleasure of experiencing Carissa's professionalism in our professional lives at TELUS.

I am not sure that I will do this blog justice after having the honor of following Carissa's journey prior to mine though her blog.  Carissa's posts are together real, insightful, uplifting and well written (which comes in handy when her backgound is in communications:o).

I hope this communication avenue will help me and you. 

My wish is that any message posted here will help someone in some way, especially anyone that will be joining this journey. 

I also hope that I can take my experiences and advocate for a cure or at least much better early detection methods so that healthy people like me and many others do not have be sick and have our bodies invaded in order to get better.

1 comment:

  1. Carmela - you've blown me away with your humour, determination and kick 'em in the arse spirit. Cancer obvs didn't know what the hell it was doing when it came knocking on your door.

    I'll be here cheerleading you through chemo #1 and every milestone along the way.

    Carissa

    ReplyDelete