Sunday 8 January 2012

January 8, 2012 - Part Deux - Email Sent to Network

Hello Everyone and Happy New,

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years! 

The Thomson household had a wonderful holiday that seemed to measure up to the Thomson boys’ discerning expectations.  I quote “this was the best Christmas ever” – how’s that for measuring up.

Christmas and New Year’s was filled with lots of food, love, family, friends, presents, fun and food (did I say food…).  Having had a great time and no sleeping pattern, it is still great to get back into normal life, routine and a new year.

This year will be about getting through the breast cancer journey for me.  My job is to kick cancer in the butt (appropriately phrased by Carissa – the ultimate Cancer Babe)!  Once I am done, watch out!

So the next phase of the journey begins this week on January 11th  - my first scheduled chemotherapy appointment.  I have to say that I am not looking forward to all the side effects, but after this first chemo treatment, only 7 more treatments to go (one treatment every three weeks – 8 treatments total).  You bet I will be doing a major countdown on this particular project and looking forward to a happy dance once this and other treatments are over.

I will continue to walk, go to yoga classes, spend time on hobbies and spend time with friends and family as I feel up to it. 

To keep anyone (who is interested) up to date with how I am doing and with my musings, I have set up a blog (thanks to Carissa – the ultimate Cancer Babe) as my main method of communication in order to respect everyone’s email inboxes.  I will still use email updates from time to time and will definitely use email directly with anyone that likes email better. 

The blog address is as follows:


I will send you all an invitation to the blog shortly where you can choose to join or not.  I believe you can post comments on the blog, so test it out and I will learn how to use it better too.

You can also email me at my new email address that I have set up through my new iPad 2 (yes I am now a current technology user thanks to this great Christmas present from Todd and the boys – I absolutely love it. One can live on an iPad alone – well almost:o)).  The new email address is as follows:


My regular email address is just as good:


My Best,

Carmela aka soon to be a Sinead O’Conner look alike:o)
Think Pink   
Live Strong, Be Strong

PS:  Latest quote from a yoga instructor I just met:

Breathe in Life
Breathe out Love

My version:

Breathe in Life and Strength
Breathe out Love and Strength

…. Learning to breath is all part of the journey

1 comment:

  1. Hi beautiful Carmela! I absolutely love reading your words...they are insightful, informative, funny and a wonderful part of your personality, I have not seen before...you are an inspiration of life, love and strength! Wishing you well in your new journey this week...thinking of you often and sending you positive thoughts! lots of love and hugs - Joanne

    ReplyDelete