Sunday 8 January 2012

October 7, 2011 - 1st Surgery Post Op. Positive Outlook

Everyone,

Your positive thoughts and prayers are definitely doing the trick.

Two positive outcomes this week:

1.     Breast MRI came out clean so it currently looks like the cancer is still localized to the one lump – yeah!
2.     Surgery went really well yesterday.  The lumpectomy was successfully completed and only one lymph node needed to be removed where normally three or many need to be removed.  This is great news as this should reduce the chances numbness or other complications in my left arm.

I will be hanging low this week where I can do basic moving around, walking and basic chores as I start recovery.  I don’t feel any pain so far and have some basic pain medication just in case.

I am in good hands with Todd/the boys, my parents, doctors and plenty of friends and family supporting me directly or with positive thoughts and prayers – I am very blessed.

As I feel better in the next few days, I will start connecting in a more friendly and less “generic” fashion.

Thank you for your kind support and wishes.

My Best,

Carmela

PS Todd has been very awesome through this and deserves a lot of credit too.

No comments:

Post a Comment